Welcome to His Encouragement Thursday! I don’t know about you, but Thursdays are my struggle day of the week. By Thursday, I have already been working hard at school and at home, and I just wish it would hurry up and be Friday already. LOL! I definitely need a little extra Jesus time on Thursdays.
Trisha, my blogger friend at Joy of Reading, and I decided on calling this post “His Encouragement” because our real source of peace, strength, and security can only come from Jesus Christ. He and He alone is our constant! We pray and hope that these Thursday posts become a real encouragement to you and help you end your week strong in God’s love and purpose for you. God bless!
Today’s Thursday Encouragement comes from:
Isaiah 26:3-4 (NIV)
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord Himself, is the Rock eternal.
Fear is my Achilles heel. I easily get wrapped up in fear and lose my focus on God and His good plan. I feel shame and guilt to admit this, but it’s my truth and I’ve got to be honest.
I wanted to share Isaiah 26:3-4 because I feel these verses are the antidote to fear. And after the last few days that I’ve had, I really need an antidote.
When I read these verses, here is what I see:
- God will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in Him.
- The key piece in this verse is the word TRUST. When we trust God, He will keep us in perfect peace. Why will He keep us in perfect peace? Because those trusting in God are steadfast. To be steadfast means to be unwavering. We do not move on the notion of trusting God. We stand firm! When we stand firm, God rewards us with perfect peace.
- If you, like me, sometimes struggle with things like fear, we need to remember to put our focus on God and trust Him to see us through whatever we are going through or feeling. If we trust, He will take the wild and chaotic feelings away.
- Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord Himself, is the Rock eternal.
- Being someone’s rock means to be a stable force in his or her life. Jesus is our eternal Rock. He is our forever stable force. Jesus can only be this for us IF we trust in Him. Putting our trust in God is a BIG deal to Him. He takes out trust seriously.
- When I struggle with my fear, I forget that God is my Rock. I forget that I can run to Him and He will take care of my scary monsters. We must remember that God is a sure bet. We need to trust that we can trust Him. Again, when we do, He takes away the fear and supplants it with PERFECT peace.
Dear reader, if you are battling something today go to God. Trust that He is there waiting for you with open arms. He wants to be your ROCK!
NOW, IT’S YOUR TURN!
WHAT BIBLICAL VERSE IS ENCOURAGING YOU TODAY?
Check out more Thursday Encouragement from my fellow blogger friends:
Trisha @ Joy of Reading
Jacquelyn @ A Heavenly Home
Jessica @ A Baker’s Perspective
Becca @ The Becca Files
Gina @ Stories by Gina
Rebecca @ Rev. Rebecca Writes
Andi @ Radiant Light
Leslie @ Words of Hope