I received some fun news today! Becca from TheBeccaFiles nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. This is completely unexpected, but quite a blessing to me! Thank you, Becca, for nominating me for this blogger award!
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to feature and recognize blogs that have unique content, high quality of writing, and fantastic photos. As stated on the Versatile Blogger site, the purpose of this award is to “honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.”
The Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award, and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate blogs (up to 15) that you’ve recently discovered or that you follow regularly.
- Share 7 interesting things about yourself that people might not know.
- I played soccer (very competitively) for 16 years.
- I broke my tibia and fibula in my right leg when I was 12. The bones snapped in half and came clear out of my leg. It was a soccer injury caused by a dirty player with metal cleats. Because of this injury, my right leg is slightly shorter than my left, so I have a sort-of limp to my walk.
- I have been a high school English teacher for 13 years. Don’t plan on ever teaching anything else. BUT, I taught 3rd grade English for one year. I don’t know how people teach 8-year olds. Elementary school teachers are very special people!
- I’ve just realized that I am not a very interesting person! I’m struggling to come up with seven unique facts about me. LOL!
- One of my students this year is my best friend’s son. It’s a lot of fun being his teacher. I’m guaranteed one kid who will laugh at my jokes.
- My most favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough. All other ice creams pale in comparison.
- I am a tea snob. Coffee is great, and I enjoy a cup every now and then, but I’m a tea girl all the way. I cannot go one day without a beautiful cup of tea!