CSB She Reads Truth Bible (2017) by Holman Bible Publishers is a fantastic Bible that released this past April 2017. There are a lot of fun cover options for this Bible including poppy hardcover (pictured), navy blue imitation leather, and brown genuine leather. I really love this Bible, and have added it to the ESV and KJV Bibles that I use for my daily Bible studies. I purchased this Bible to review through Amazon on October 26, 2017. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. I give this Bible 4.5 STARS.
About this Bible
The She Reads Truth Bible aims to live at the intersection of beauty, goodness, and Truth. Featuring devotionals by the She Reads Truth team, and Scripture reading plans that include supplemental passages for deeper understanding, this Bible invites every woman to count themselves among the She Reads Truth community of “Women in the Word of God every day.” The She Reads Truth Bible also features 66 key verses, artfully lettered to aid in Scripture memorization.
Features include: 189 devotionals, 66 artist-designed key verses, 35 full-color timelines, 20 full-color maps, 11 full-color charts, reading plans for every book of the Bible, one-year Bible reading plan, detailed book introductions, key verse list, carefully curated topical index, smyth-sewn binding, and wide margins for journaling and note-taking.
The She Reads Truth Bible features the Christian Standard Bible (CSB) text. Translated by more than 100 scholars from 17 denominations, the Christian Standard Bible features an optimal blend of accuracy and readability that’s faithful for serious study, and written with heart-stirring clarity that inspires readers to live and share it.
I love this Bible so much. I highly recommend adding it to your collection of Bibles that you use for your daily Bible studies. To make this review a little streamlined, I am going to evaluate this Bible’s PROS vs. CONS using the book of Esther to illustrate.
- Each book begins with a focus quote illustrated in unique ways. I really love this detail. I find it makes the Bible a bit more personable to me.
- After the focus quote, the book gives the reader basic background information that I find to be quite helpful. It helps set the stage for the reading. What I really love is that the background info is enough. Some Bibles tend to make this section feel rather textbook-ish. I find when that happens, I gloss over those intro parts. I feel really guilty doing that, so I appreciate that in this Bible the info feels like the perfect amount.
- For Esther, the publishers included a map of King Xerxes’s kingdom, which I felt is rather helpful because he likes to explain to everyone just how big his kingdom is. It is nice to be able to wrap my head around just how big his kingdom was during his reign.
- My MOST FAVORITE aspect to this Bible is that it includes a really nice reading plan at the very beginning of each book. I love this so much. It really helps focus my studies a little better. There is also a year-long study plan detailed in the back of the Bible as well. It also includes little check-mark boxes to help you stay on track for each daily reading. I LOVE THIS!!!
- And, throughout each book, there are really excellent devotionals that add to and enhance the readings of specific chapters. I like these devotionals because they may include good reminders and facts that make my studies feel that more rich and deep.
The only CON I have with this Bible is that the pages are SO thin. Each page is practically see through. If you look closely at the devotional page, you can see my notes from the page that comes after it.
I love to write and highlight and use Post-it Notes throughout my studies. Because the pages are so thin in this Bible, it limits my note-taking abilities a tad (you can see it really hasn’t stopped me from making my notes).
If I could request one thing of the publishers to change with this Bible, it would be that they chose a more substantial paper stock.
Buy this Bible! If you are in need of a new Bible to add to your daily studies, I recommend purchasing the CSB She Reads Truth Bible. The women who worked diligently to put this Bible together, Raechel Myers and Amanda Bible Williams, really have a heart for God as is seen in their introduction. They explain:
Our heart for the She Reads Truth Bible is not to add to or improve on the perfect and complete gift of Scripture God has given us. Rather, our heart is for everything we’ve included in this Bible to point back to God and His Word. Every human word and element in this book is an intentional invitation for you to both read Scripture and grow in your affection for it.
What a fabulous purpose! Truly, it is a great translation. It has helped to enhance my Bible studies in a BIG way. This Bible has been an enormous blessing to me, and I am sure it would be one to you, too!